Tuesday 27 August 2013

Hennerton Backwater

Kayak time.

After a walk to the pub for a pint and an excellent 'No Problem' Sunday lunch, Monday was time for some exercise and exploration. So a quick paddle down the Thames and a right turn down onto the Hennerton Backwater. The second I came off of the main river it was like entering a different and totally tranquil world






Now this bridge is seriously low - I reckoned that bent forward double I could just about make it without decapitating myself and, as I'm still typing this, you will realise that I did! I couldn't lay back as, with my dodgy back, I'd never be able to sit up again.
everything looks huge from down here
re-joining MR and NP after a 1 1/2 hour round trip ...perfik
Vic and G had been mighty busy whilst I was gone - yep, it's getting close to that time of year again
NP investigates alternative power sources

and the lumberjacks finish off the job
Sue took one look at all the work involved in stacking it and took to the water!
Buddy was so pleased to see her return that he tried to jump on and join her - close to sinking her in his enthusiasm
but she managed to keep him off and dock safely

2 comments:

  1. The only way I'd get under that bridge would be if your kayak transformed into a submarine :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can argue with that one Kevin lol xx

      Delete