Monday 5 March 2012

OK I'm here

Once you let the blog lapse (even though there were, initially, genuine reasons)  I find it's very difficult to pick it up again. Do I try and cover the gap or just leave the time lapse in limbo and twitter on about things that tickle/d my fancy. I just started catching up on the blogs that I follow tonight and see that NB Indigo Dream have 'fostered' two more greyhounds bringing them to four - amateurs really seeing that Greygal now has 9. Whilst most some of us feel that they are perhaps a little... shall we say eccentric, I have just read that it now costs £218,000 to raise a child to the age of 21. Now that's a lot of greyhound caring money - even with Sue and Richards' vets bills !!! Which takes the most energy though - debatable I should think.

By now you will have realised that I've decided on the twittering option.

 We arrived in Milton Keynes today due to a crisis in the poo tank department, but have had very pleasant stays in Yardley Gobion and Cosgrove since leaving Stoke Bruerne. We have also acquired a car due to my need to make more frequent trips to my mum's on the East Coast - the car has presented us with the usual costs and hassles, but more of that later. Here's some pics of our minuscule journeys.

 One of the sculptures in Stoke Bruerne's woodland walk
 This sky threatened me the whole way round a three hour walk, but not one spot of rain landed 
 The boys were happy to find the cattle troughs had defrosted
 We walked many a happy mile along the gentle River Tove
 Encountering many a strange vessel - you do on the wide canals
 Meet Jeb, Muttley's new friend, who belongs to Fran and Stuart on NB The Boat (more of these later too)
 some beautiful sunsets

 and two of our many visitors to our portable cafe - I think my favourites have been the Long Tailed Tits
 These next  few are around the village of Cosgrove



 before rejoining the towpath and the crazily ornate Soloman's Bridge
I clocked a lady in a skirt wandering down the towpath carrying a stepladder!
Yep, she was re-painting the signpost; I'd never thought about how that was done

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back, we've missed your twittering!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen - nice to have one's twitterings vindicated!

      Delete
  2. I don't mean to cast aspersions, but we were quite 'normal' before we joined the boating community - you know, one dog, middle class career aspirations etc etc!!! :-D

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may cast as many aspersions as you wish; just so long as it makes you feel better

      Delete
    2. Good to see you back - missed you! Like knowing where you are.
      G&L (The other ones!)

      Delete
    3. Thank you (or is that so that you know where to stay away from?), you see absence does make the heart grow fonder!

      Delete
  3. About time too, welcome back!
    X Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been nagged from many different sources about getting back on the blog over the last 10 days, but once you were on the case Lesley I knew the game was up

      Delete
  4. Hi Ya, Glad all is O.K. we were getting a bit concerned. Good witterings by the way, & lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're all OK, just me being too lazy after an exhausting week at Mum's. I need to stop reading 'til all hours and get up earlier in the mornings! Glad to hear 'your' Graham continues to get better

    ReplyDelete