Saturday 24 July 2010

St Tropez in EastAnglia

When G took the boat down to Buckden Marina for water I was in St Ives so, when we'd moored, I walked the dogs down in that direction. I was about to turn back when I spotted the roof of one of these lodges
This is an "inferior" one of only about 6 that aren't based around the water
All the other lodges have their own private moorings - those to my right were based around the lake with speed-type boats for water skiing etc
Those to my left were based around the river marina and mostly cruisers. Not only did each have their own balcony and floating pontoon, they also had their own parking space for their personalised number plated cars. The photos don't show it properly.
It's a lifestyle I would have been envious of 20 years ago - now I just smile whilst I remember how hard they are working to keep all the balls in the air, and that they have to go back to work on Monday. I know that sounds smug, it really is a super set up, but it's all about life stages and  retirement rather suits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment