Sunday 12 July 2009

Shugborough and Cannock Chase


We managed to find a mooring opposite Shugborough Hall on Wedsnesday (or maybe Thursday), which gave Lesley, 4 dogs and I a chance to walk the fabulous countryside. Lesley said she'd load way points into her GPS and we'd do a 17k walk on Cannock Chase (remember the Cannock Chase murders). So after several hours of up hill and down dale I suggested we make for home - battery's flat on the GPS! We'll be alright she says, we'll find our way back. I'm sure we will, but preferably this side of another 17k. Eventually spotted 2 guys in army fatigues - but they don't have a compass either. We made it home via a very welcoming pub, The Red Lion, at Little Haywood who gave the dogs bowls of water and biscuits (Baxter had been losing the will to live) and Lesley and I excellent pints. Lots to tell but we've had no signal - Lesley still hasn't so I have to go as she's yelling at me to get my boots on.

























No comments:

Post a Comment