Tuesday 28 April 2009

Staying put - or not

After he decided to move MR in the rain, it cleared up a bit and we decided to go for a short walk - needless to say, it didn't go entirely to plan & we needed to cross a field full of young cattle. There was actually a sign saying, "beware of the bull". If you think you can cross this field in 15 seconds, don't - the bull can do it in 12! It'll be fine he says, there isn't a bull in here. What about that one there, I say. No he says, it's just a big cow. If he's going to insult the testosterone I'd rather he waited 'til we were clear of the field. We made it, but the little buggers were frisking around hot on our heels. Trust me -I only took this photo when we were safely on the other side of the fence.
We then needed to turn right back to the canal but the farmer had closed off the access so we had to go miles out of our way and, of course, I was dying for a wee & it chucked a heaven load of hailstones at us.
This morning we played the, 'are we going to move?' game. 'If you want,' 'I don't mind, I just want to know.' 'OK we'll stay here now - we've a nice view'. 'OK, I'll just take the menagerie up to get kindling, then I'll make some pate'. 'Do you fancy a walk up to Braunston, I need to get some switches?' 'Yeah, but shall we just move the boat up a bit instead?' 'Ok, we'll moor up just South'. 6 locks, one tunnel
& hang a left onto the Leicester arm & we're moored up about 5.00pm. Locked up with some really nice guys on NB Taurean and it was only as we entered the tunnel that I remembered we were meant to get food in Braunston when we passed through "tomorrow". Do other people do this,or is it just us?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill and Graham sorry to have missed you but we are now cruising towards Watford locks ,but maybe we will meet on the canal system.

    ReplyDelete